UK – London
SC Quantity Surveyors is looking for a freelance senior quantity surveyor with experience working on medium to large scale residential and commercial construction projects to support our projects mainly in the London area, however some projects maybe outside London, which can be worked remotely as required.
You will be required to undertake PQS post contract services on 1-3 projects at the same time, carry out site visits for the purpose of preparing monthly interim valuations and attending project meetings.
You will also be responsible for:
- Preparing monthly interim valuations
- Valuing & agreeing contract variations
- Producing accurate monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a timely manner, providing maximum value to the Client.
- Attend project meetings independently
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- Relevant work experience in a PQS environment (3+ years minimum)
- Membership of the RICS (preferred), or working towards is valuable, however not essential.
- Experience working on medium to large sized construction projects within residential and commercial
- Working knowledge of Buildsoft Cubit and/or other suitable QS / Estimating software
- Experience working with various forms of contract including JCT 2016 contracts.
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- Ability to run projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to attend project meetings independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, respectful, diplomatic, personable and flexible
Please note this is not a full time position and you would be working on a freelance / contract basis on a per project basis as and when required to do so.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. Strictly no agencies. Please do not contact us if you are from a recruitment company.
If you are interested in the above position and have the required experience and qualifications, please email your CV to enquiries [at] scquantitysurveyors.com, replacing [at] with @ symbol.